UPDATE: Bali bans Uber
Uber Bali is available in the South only at this moment although it operates in a somewhat grey area legally (follow-link above to learn more).
Uber is limited to Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Tuban (including airport), Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Canggu, Sanur and Denpasar. Other areas are currently not available although there are stories of passengers travelling from airport to Ubud with an Uber driver.
Current Uber Bali Promo; free rides from and to Denpasar when using the Uber promo code FREEWEEKDPS.
- Maximum of 10 trips for current or new users between 8-14 February 2016.
- Applicable to all rides to or from the blue area above, up to Rp.100,000 per ride.
Uber Bali Cash payment
Uber is at this moment experimenting with a cash payment system as of 3 December 2015. At the end of the ride you just pay your driver the cash amount.
This is how it goes;
- Go to the menu and select Payment tab.
- Choose ‘CASH’ as the option for payment.
- Request for a ride.
- Confirm the pickup location and your preferred method of payment.
- Pay the amount shown in-app at the end of the ride directly to the driver in cash.
This is a trial only at this moment only available in Bali. You will still need to setup an account with Uber before you can use the cash payment system. To setup an account you need a valid credit card … Go figure 😉
Some of Ubers rates
These are a few rates posted online by other travelers;
Sanur-Seminyak – Rp 72,000
Seminyak-Sanur – Rp 65,500
Sanur-Seminyak – Rp 59,500
Seminyak-Discovery Mal – Rp 36,500
Bemo Corner-Seminyak – Rp 31,000
Seminyak-Beachwalk – Rp 45,000
Memorial Bom Bali-Seminyak – Rp 35,000
Seminyak-Blue Point Uluwatu – Rp 50,500
Seminyak via airport to eastern Uluwatu – Rp 107,500
At the time of writing, you can earn a free Rp 100,000 credit when registering as a new user using the Uber Bali promo code RIDEBALI .
Continue here to find out how much the official Bali airport taxi rates are.
Where can I get an Uber driver?
As of August 22nd, 2015 Uber is available at;
- Tuban (including Bali airport)
- Nusa Dua
Price calculation for Uber Bali.
This is how Uber calculates the price for a ride in Bali;
Base Fare Rp 7,000 + Rp 400 Per minute or Rp 2,200 per kilometer
Minimum fare Rp 7,000 ǀ Cancellation fee RP 10,000
Uber actually lowered their rates. They were first higher. Find the original higher rates over here.
What does it take to become an Uber Bali driver?
The Uber service in Bali is called “Uber Black”. The requirements to become an Uber Black driver are;
- A professional chauffeur with a commercial license and commercial auto insurance.
- Your vehicle is a black sedan, town car, crossover SUV that comfortably seats 4 passengers, or a full-size SUV that comfortably seats at least 6 passengers.
Continue here …
These are the banners that were first inside the domestic arrival terminal of the Bali airport. These banners are no longer there.