The Indonesian provinces are in process of releasing their minimum required monthly wages for the year 2020. These are called the UMP Indonesia and the UMK Bali.
Continue here to learn about the hefty penalties for employers who pay less than the legally required minimum wage.
UMP stands for “Upah Minimum Provinsi” or Provincial Minimum Wage. Indonesia has 34 provinces. A province is the highest level of the local government divisions in Indonesia. Each province sets their own UMP or minimum wage.
UMK stands for “Upah Minimum Kabupaten/Kota” or Regency/City Minimum Wage. Every province has its own regencies for which Bali has nine.
The UMP and UMK for the year 2020 are calculated by the annual inflation and growth of the economy.
For 2020 the inflation fee was calculated at 3.39% and the growth of the economy at 5.12%. That gave a minimum raise of wages of 8.51% in comparison to 2019. Source: Surat Edaran Menteri Tenaga Kerja Nomor B-M/308/HI.01.00/X/2019 Tahun 2019.
Continue here to see the Indonesia minimum wage (Indonesia UMP) history over the previous years.
Ultimately, the minimum wage of the regencies (Denpasar, Tabanan …) should be higher than the minimum wage of the province (Bali).
The minimum wage is based on 40 hours of work per week and can either be;
- 7 hours per day and 40 hours per week for 6 days of work per week.
- 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week for 5 days of work per week.
Source; Law 13/2003 article 77 paragraph (2)
Continue here to find out what the Indonesian Law requirements are for sick leave or paid holiday when an employee’s son gets circumcised.
UMP Indonesia 2020 – Provincial Minimum Wage.
Some Indonesian provinces have already released their 2020 minimum monthly wages (more coming soon);
- Bali Rp 2,494,000 (previously Rp 2,297,968)
- Jakarta Rp 4,276,349 (previously Rp 3,940,972)
- Aceh Rp (previously Rp 2,935,985)
- Banten Rp (previously Rp 2,267,965)
- Bangka Belitung Rp (previously Rp 2,976,705)
- Bengkulu Rp (previously Rp 2,040,406)
- West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Rp (previously Rp 1,971,547)
- Jambi Rp (previously Rp 2,423,888)
- North Kalimantan Rp (previously Rp 2,765,463)
- East Kalimantan Rp 2,981,379 (previously Rp 2,747,560)
- South Kalimantan Rp 2,877,449 (previously Rp 2,651,781)
- West Kalimantan Rp 2,399,699 (previously Rp 2,211,266)
- Central Kalimantan Rp (previously Rp 2,615,735)
- North Sumatra Rp (previously Rp 2,303,402)
- South Sumatra Rp (previously Rp 2,805,751)
- West Sumatra Rp (previously Rp 2,289,228)
- North Sulawesi Rp 3,310,723 (previously Rp 3,051,076)
- South Sulawesi Rp 3,103,830 (previously Rp 2,860,382)
- South-East Sulawesi Rp 2,552.014 (previously Rp 2,351,869)
- West Sulawesi Rp ( previously Rp 2,369,670)
- Central Sulawesi Rp 2,303,711 (previously Rp 2,123,040)
- Gorontalo Rp (previously Rp 2,384,020)
- Maluku Rp (previously Rp 2,400,664)
- North Maluku Rp (previously Rp ***)
- Lampung Rp (previously Rp. 2,241,269)
- Papua Rp (previously Rp 3,128,170)
- Riau Rp (previously Rp 2,662,025)
- Riau Islands Province Rp (previously Rp 2,769,754)
- East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Rp (previously Rp 1,793,298)
- West Papua Rp (previously Rp 2,881,160)
- East Java Rp 1,768,777 (previously Rp 1,630,058)
- Central Java Rp 1,742,015 (previously Rp 1,605,396)
- West Java Rp 1,810,351 (previously Rp 1,668,372)
- Yogyakarta Rp 1,704,608 (previously Rp 1,570,922)
UMK Bali 2020 – Regency/City Minimum Wage
The 2020 minimum wage for Bali as a province is Rp 2,494,000 (UMP Bali) which was a raise of 8.51% from the Bali UMP in 2019 at Rp 2,297,968.
The nine regencies of Bali each have their own minimum wage (the UMK Bali). The minimum wage of each Bali regency cannot be lower than that of the Bali provincial minimum wage.
These are the Bali minimum wages for 2020;
- Denpasar Rp 2,770,300 (previously Rp 2,553,000)
- Badung Rp 2,930,092 (Rp 2,700,297)
- Gianyar Rp 2,627,000 (Rp 2,421,000)
- Tabanan Rp 2,625,216 (Rp 2,419,332)
- Jembrana Rp 2,557,102 (Rp 2,356,559)
- Buleleng Rp 2,538,000 (Rp 2,338,850)
- Klungkung Rp 2,538,000 (Rp 2,338,840)
- Karangasem Rp 2,555,469 (Rp 2,355,054)
- Bangli Rp 2,494,810 (Rp 2,299,152)
Below is a screenshot of the official release for the 2020 minimum wages in Bali.
Sources: Upah Minimum Kabupaten Kota Bali UMK Bali 2020, Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 13 Tahun 2003 Tentang Ketenagakerjaan, Peraturan Pemerintah Republik Indonesia Nomor 78 Tahun 2015 Tentang Pengupahan